Important to know
Humanitarian visa is issued to citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation with a purpose of establishing scientific, cultural, social and political relations, for sporting activities, religious and charity work as well as humanitarian aid delivery.
It is issued based on an invitation issued by the Federal Migration service, it may also be based on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs decision.
Humanitarian visa can be single- or double-entry, valid for up to 90 days, or multiple-entry, valid for up to 1 year (except if otherwise provided in an international agreement of the Russian Federation).
Please note! The period of stay in the Russian Federation with an ordinary multiple-entry humanitarian visa may not exceed 90 days for each 180 days period.
Russian Visa Office in Istanbul
Visa Office in Istanbul
In order to apply for a common single-, double-or multiple-entry humanitarian visa one must submit:
- The invitation for the entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the Federal migration service;Or
- The Russian Federation Ministry of the Foreign Affairs decision to issue a visa;
- Passport with at least 2 blank pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office where you intend to submit the documents (Visa Office in Istanbul, Visa Office in Ankara, Visa Office in Antalya, Visa Office in Trabzon)
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- A colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography);
- For EU citizens: Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and covering the entire duration of the visa.
For more information on the submission of the documents by post see section Postal service.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of the visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Office in cash only.
Please note! If you are not a Turkey citizen, you must also submit:
1. A Turkey continuous residence permit for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
Depending on the national legislation the following documents may serve as a confirmation of continuous stay for more than 90 days in Turkey: student or work visa, working permit, temporary residence permit, temporary resident card, etc.
2. Turkey Permanent Resident Card or another equivalent document for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 5 dollars per application. Please ask the Operator of the Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.
The Visa Office provides the following services to the citizens of Turkey, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship:
- Acceptance and processing of the documents for a visa application;
- Submission of the documents for consideration to the Russian Federation Consular institution;
- Document issuance to an applicant;
- Consultations on obtaining a visa.
We would like to inform you that at the visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.