Important to know
Ordinary private visa is issued to citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry to the Russian Federation for guest visit based on:
1. Federal Migration Service invitation, based on a request from a citizen of the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen with the Russian federation residence permit or a legal entity.
2. A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members, who are foreign citizens.
Ordinary private visa may also be issued in connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian Federation for urgent treatment or due to a serious illness or death of a close relative if one has the documents confirming the necessity of urgent treatment, serious illness or death of a close relative.
Private visa is issued for a period up to 90 days and may be single- or double-entry.
An ordinary private visa may be issued to a foreign citizen in a connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian federation for urgent treatment, due to a serious illness or death of a close relative, based on a decision of the Ambassador or Consul-General of the Russian Federation due to a written request of a foreign citizen.
The following documents are to be included to a request:
- a written request from a Russian medical institution issued on an official letterhead (stamped) indicating the necessity of emergency medical care, emergent hospitalization, emergent examination or a serious illness of a person that is being visited requiring constant care.
- or death certificate of a citizen – applicant’s close relative (close relatives are taken to be spouses, children, parents, including parents-in-law, if a spouse is an accompanying person, siblings);
- or an international telegraph message certified by an official from an institution of communication;
- a document confirming immediate relationship of an applicant and a person to be visited or immediate relationship of an applicant and the deceased.
Russian Visa Office in Istanbul
Visa Office in Istanbul
For the application for a common single- or double-entry private visa one must submit:
- The invitation for the entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the Federal migration service;
- Passport with at least 2 blank pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office centre where you intend to submit the documents (Visa Office in Istanbul, Visa Office in Ankara, Visa Office in Antalya, Visa Office in Trabzon)
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- A colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography);
- For EU citizens: Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and covering the entire duration of the visa.
Please note!Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of the visa processing. Simplified processing time for Single and Double entry visas is between 7-10 calendar days.
The consular and service fee may be paid in the Visa Office in cash only.
Please note!If you are not a Turkey citizen, you must also submit:
1. A Turkey continuous residence permit for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
Depending on the national legislation the following documents may serve as a confirmation of continuous stay for more than 90 days in Turkey: student or work visa, working permit, temporary residence permit, temporary resident card, etc.
2. Turkey Permanent Resident Card or another equivalent document for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 5 dollars per application. Please ask the Operator of the Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.
The Visa Office provides the following services to the citizens of Turkey, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship:
- Acceptance and processing of the documents for a visa application;
- Submission of the documents for consideration to the Russian Federation Consular institution;
- Document issuance to an applicant;
- Consultations on obtaining a visa.
We would like to inform you that at the visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.