Important to know
Ordinary single-entry transit visa is issued to citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry to the Russian Federation with a purpose of travelling in transit through the Russian Federation territory for a period up to 10 days (by road or railway) or for period up to 3 days (by air) based on tickets valid for exit from the Russian Federation, a visa allowing an entry to a neighbouring country according to the itinerary, a visa of a destination country or a passport of this country.
A transit visa is issued to a foreign citizen travelling by a private vehicle or a truck for a period necessary for a travel by a shortest route (but for no more than 10 days). The visa duration is calculated in this case based on an average supposed daily mileage, which is 500 km.
Double-entry transit visa duration may not exceed one month. In case when a foreign citizen needs to travel through the Russian Federation to a third country and then return by the same way through the Russian Federation in a period exceeding one month, it is necessary to obtain a single-entry transit visa, the second transit visa must be obtained in a Russian Consulate of a destination country.
A foreign citizen conducting a non-stop air transport flight over the Russian Federation territory is not required to obtain a visa.
A foreign citizen conducting an international flight with a change of planes in the same airport on the Russian Federation territory (providing there is a transit area in the airport in question), who has duly executed documents for an entry into a destination country and airlines tickets with a confirmed date of departure from an airport where the change of transport is to be executed within 24 hours from the arrival date on the Russian Federation territory, is not required to obtain a visa.
A transit visa must be obtained in order to leave a transit area.
Please note! After the Agreement on customs regulations between Russian Federation, Belarus and Kazakhstan came into force all trips between these countries are considered to be domestic. Therefore, one must go through the border and passport control only in one of these countries. Due to this reason the passengers heading to Belarus or Kazakhstan with a transfer in Russia must have a transit visa.
Russian Visa Office in Istanbul
Visa Office in Istanbul
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry transit visa one must submit:
- The tickets valid for an entry and an exit from the Russian Federation;
- A visa allowing entry to a neighbouring country according to the itinerary, a visa to a destination country, a passport of this country or motivated request and the documents, confirming the necessity of a stop, except if otherwise provided in an international agreement. A visa is not required for the citizens of countries with a visa-free entry to a neighbouring country or a destination country in compliance with the existing agreements between them.
- Passport with at least 2 blank pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office where you intend to submit the documents (Visa Office in Istanbul, Visa Office in Ankara, Visa Office in Antalya, Visa Office in Trabzon)
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- A colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography);
- For EU citizens: Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and covering the entire duration of the visa.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of the visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Office in cash only.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 5 dollars per application. Please ask the Operator of the Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.
The Visa Office provides the following services to the citizens of Turkey, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship:
- Acceptance and processing of the documents for a visa application;
- Submission of the documents for consideration to the Russian Federation Consular institution;
- Document issuance to an applicant;
- Consultations on obtaining a visa.
We would like to inform you that at the visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.